Friday, February 6, 2009

Thing 8

IM's, text messaging and all the rest are already a big part of my life. I have young adult children and w/o these options we would miss many opportunties to exchange information.
I facebook with a lot of folks .

http://www.facebook.com/home.php This link should take you to my facebook. I mostly use it to stay in touch with family and friends that are out of town.

It would be very cool to create a Library Facebook that patrons could use to see events, ask questions and such. For our branch, Pricilla Gorilla would be a cute "face".She has been the mascot for most of the 25 ish years we have had a library in these parts.
Also, I have used IM reference and love it.
There are so many possibilites for us to connect with patrons and draw in more patrons that are just not aware of the bounty available at the local library.

This could be a huge new look for Bookmobile, as they do not have a "location", but they do have patrons that would love a way to feel connected. And with the wireless web, it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment